Toolbar submenu problem [fixed]

Jani-Matti Hätinen jannu.hatinen at mbnet.fi
Mon Jan 19 15:40:12 GMT 2004

On Sunday 18 January 2004 11:15, Jani-Matti Hätinen wrote:
> I'm having an odd problem with toolbars on KDE 3.1.5 (was on 3.1.4 as
> well). Whenever I click on a toolbar icon, which has a submenu, the submenu
> is activated instantly. There's no delay or anything, the menu always pops
> up. This problem only appears with my user login, which suggests that it's
> a configuration issue.

Problem solved. By checking the kdelibs sourcecode I saw that the delay for
the popup menu depends on the general drag&drop delay variable. This can be
set in the Peripherals/Mouse/Advanced menu in Kcontrol, where it is the Drag
start time -option.
  I had previously set it to zero because if I want to drag something, I'm
going to keep the mouse putton pressed. Hopefully this'll help someone in the
future.

--
Jani-Matti Hätinen