*** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: how to make KDE faster?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 01:36:24 GMT 2004

> I imagine it this way: the money I could be earning in the 3 - 5 days of
> time I would spend trying to learn what to do and to actually do it
> (compiling KDE components and/or linux kernels) is less than the $500 Cdn it
> will cost to buy a honking new (compared to my PIII 500) computer.
>
> So it's theoretically cheaper to buy new hardware and I get the bonus of
> having new hardware. :-)

Yup. For sure. Time=Money. When I think about how much time I spent for
trivial stuff like putting up: file server/samba, reading of board sensors,
aMule p2p client on wxWindows and lotsa other stuff that takes hardly more
than blinks on win, I must have gone froot loop.
But ah, ok... at least I know my sys is cooler than Windows :)

Dex