how to make KDE faster?

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at fugro-jason.com
Fri Feb 20 15:35:19 GMT 2004

* Stephan Matthiesen <stephan at met.ed.ac.uk> (Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 03:17:57PM +0000)

>> So indeed, as otyher people have suggested, it looks like the KDE rpms you
>> are using are more to blame then KDE itself.

> As a normal user, I find the discussion a bit confusing. This seems to imply
> that the fedora RPMS (from the KDE website?) are not optimal. Is this the
> case, and if so, can't it be fixed?

I am not sure.
Redhat (either before or after fedora) has alwasy been primarily gnome
oriented, with KDE as a second choice desktop environment.

Suse (and mandrake and many others) have put KDE is their D.E. of choice,
which in turn means that more care is being spend on making the rpms
better.

Currently listening to: pf1973-05-19d2t04

	Gerhard,  <faliquid at xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	And she let me up, down, with secrets I cannot keep
 =`\<,	Close your eyes and sleep, don't wait up for me