[kde] KMail key binding and the User Interface Guidelines

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 23:14:49 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 02:23, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> måndag 02 februari 2004 23:03 skrev du:
> > Robin Rosenberg escreveu:
> > > Not sure if I should report this as a bug or not.
> >
> > Don't. We'd close it immediately. We had this discussion already
> > several times.
>
> I didn't find the thread. I've used KMail since KDE 2.0 (or was it
> 1.*?) when it was more "consistent", so I get annoyed everytime
> keyboard shortcuts change. Microsoft did this before in Word. Every
> new version had different accelerator keys.

We try very hard not to make unnecessary changes of keyboard shortcuts.
AFAIR the only recent changes were the removal of 'd' as shortcut for
'Move to Trash' and changing the shortcut for 'Select All Messages'
from 'k' to Ctrl-A. Those changes were requested by a lot of people
because typing 'kde' in KMail had "surprising" consequences (nothing
that couldn't be undone, but nevertheless quite shocking). ;-)

Regards,
Ingo