can't open HTML files from kmail

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Dec 16 11:17:48 GMT 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 02:07, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use KDE 3.3.1 from kde-redhat.org on RH9. I use Konqueror as the browser,
> and kmal as the mail reader.
>
> And kmail can not open HTML files in Konqueror. Konqueror says "File not
> found: /tmp/kde-[my user name]/somefilename.html_something . I check the
> directory, and the file is not there!

It shouldn't open a local temp file at all, looks to me like the file
asociation for text/html is broken.
If you don't have any changes for text/html you want to keep, look for a file
calles html.desktop in .kde/share/mimelnk/text and remove it.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>