The Integrated Desktop

J Hall canllaith at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:14:03 GMT 2004

> as far as KOPETE < GAIM.  Here's one:  The smilies.  The way they are
> handled in Kopete as compared to GAIM.  GAIM has a set of smilies that
> correlate to the protocol in use, MSN messenger has one set, AOL has
> another, etc. depending on your theme.  Not only this but you can theme
> each one, by building your own themes using the best of what you like.
> With Kopete its one set fits all and if AOL uses smilies not in the sets
> that come with kopete sorry about your luck (and this IS the case).  That
> makes kopete less than GAIM in my opinion.  However, when Kopete matches
> GAIM feature for feature, I'll switch to it in a heart beat, because it
> integrates with my other favorite apps, Kontact (kmail, knode, etc.).

By that logic Gaim < Kopete because it does not have support for xml
stylesheets :P

The statement 'Kopete < Gaim' in itself is an absurdity, as would be the
statement 'Gaim < Kopete'.

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.