The Integrated Desktop

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 8 03:23:51 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 15:11, Iain Dooley wrote:

> but instead of building it's own web browser, and it's own mail
> client, why doesn't KDE focus on integrating more thouroughly
> these other fantastic, open source applications?

It seems that developers like to have different applications.  They
work on a project because they like it.  They have put their
personalities into it.  That is probably the major reason why there
are those KDE apps, leaving aside for now question as to whether
those apps are better or not.

Also, I think that after MS, people have a feeling that diversity is
desireable.

Also, people in the open source community are very diverse.  They
have lots of different tastes.  It's probably all about simple
freedom of expression.