KDE locking the whole box on SuSE 9.1

Rikard Johnels rikjoh at norweb.se
Fri Aug 27 12:06:41 BST 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 12.02, Nick THOMPSON wrote:
> I used to be a die hard Mandrake user, but with many X lockups under my
> belt (only with NVidia drivers installed) and with MDK10.0 Official
> being totally unstable (hard lock up as you have) after/while installing
> updates on two totally different PCs, I have finally given up. Suse
> wouldn't even start installing for me, so I switched to fedora FC2. Rock
> solid, good performer, though not the best for applications/driver
> support, and I hate the way they mAnGLe uP KDE. Will have to take a look
> at Gentoo and Debian sometime.

Tried installing Gentoo last week on the same system.
The base system compiled nicely, no problems.
Tried emerging X, both XFree and Xorg, no go. It fails to start.
Complains abot unresolved or duplicate symbols in critical modules.
So after trying to resolve that for 4 days i gave up and went back to my fav.
distro SuSE.

Maybe i should stick to 9.0....
--
         /Rikard

Rikard Johnels          email   : rikjoh at norweb.se
                        Web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
                        Mob     : +46 735 05 51 01

< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >