KDE locking the whole box on SuSE 9.1

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Fri Aug 27 11:02:52 BST 2004

I used to be a die hard Mandrake user, but with many X lockups under my
belt (only with NVidia drivers installed) and with MDK10.0 Official
being totally unstable (hard lock up as you have) after/while installing
updates on two totally different PCs, I have finally given up. Suse
wouldn't even start installing for me, so I switched to fedora FC2. Rock
solid, good performer, though not the best for applications/driver
support, and I hate the way they mAnGLe uP KDE. Will have to take a look
at Gentoo and Debian sometime.