konstruct for 3.3 bails out

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Aug 23 07:30:51 BST 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 14:39, Tami King wrote:
>On Sunday 22 August 2004 12:23 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> >Add -logg after -lvorbis in the Makefiles will take care of
>> > this. At least it did for me.  Rex Dieter posted this patch
>> > on kde-linux when I asked about it there.  I applied it and
>> > it worked fine the first time I compiled, but after updating
>> > from CVS I had the problem occur again so I editted the
>> > offending Makefiles by hand.
>>
>> Thanks, but...
>>
>> Makefiles?  Plural?  In other words, its just not the
>> konstruct/kde/kdemultimedia/Makefile.  Please elaborate.
>
>I should have said the Makefile in any directory where linking
>failed.  Now you are going to make me have to remember what I
>did.  It was just one I believe in a subdirectory of
>kdemultimedia.  The configure.in patch should fix all of that,
>though.  I don't really know why I had to go back and update one
>Makefile by hand.
>
>Tami

One other detail Tami;  I had to go find a fresher copy of automake
and rerun aclocal and automake in that directory to get all the
versions to match again.  The automake I found was 1.9.1, my old FC2
installed 1.8.7 was spit out by the scripts when they discovered the
configure.in had been touched.  And it squawked about a bunch of
stuff being "underquoted" until I stopped it and ran those two utils
by hand.  But it seems to be happy,  its actually started the
compiling now.

Thanks for the bailout, I appreciate it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)