Unable to start Konqueror or Home File Manager: kfmclient: ERROR :

Jim MacLeod j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 22:05:31 BST 2004

On Tuesday 10 Aug 2004 13:06, Matthew Huff wrote:
> First of all let me say I have searched to find the fix for this, but I
> have had no luck at all.
>
> When I try to launch konqueror or the Home File manager nothing happens.  I
> found the command that was being executed, and ran the command in a console
> window.

In console, type 'kfmclient --commands' to get a list of various options.
One to possibly try is kfmclient openURL http://www.somewhere.com
which should start Konq and open the website.

What happens if you just type 'konqueror' in the console. As you'll see above,
kfmclient just opens a window with a particular profile.

> I am running kde 3.2.3 on Solaris 9.
>
> Thanks for you help,
> Matt
HTH