Unable to start Konqueror or Home File Manager: kfmclient: ERROR :

Matthew Huff jmhuff at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Aug 10 13:06:06 BST 2004

First of all let me say I have searched to find the fix for this, but I have
had no luck at all.

When I try to launch konqueror or the Home File manager nothing happens.  I
found the command that was being executed, and ran the command in a console
window.  The information it dumped out is below.

I am running kde 3.2.3 on Solaris 9.

Thanks for you help,
Matt

bash-2.05# kfmclient openProfile filemanagement
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers(
inode/directory,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): Returning 11 offers
kfmclient: ERROR: Couldn't start konqueror from konqueror.desktop: KDEInit
could not launch 'konqueror'
bash-2.05#
bash-2.05#
bash-2.05# kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( text/html,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): Returning 3 offers