Unable to start Konqueror or Home File Manager: kfmclie nt:ERROR :

Matthew Huff jmhuff at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Aug 11 12:41:05 BST 2004

Thanks for the reply..

I had played with different kfmclient commands without any luck, I have
pasted the results below.  The only way that I can launch Konqueror is by
running the 'konqueror' from console, because the default icon also uses the
kfmclient.  For whatever reason, I cannot use the kfmclient.

bash-2.05# kfmclient openURL 'url'
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers(
application/octet-stream,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): Returning 0 offers
Launched ok, pid = 4472
bash-2.05# kfmclient openURL 'http://www.google.com'
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers(
application/octet-stream,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): Returning 0 offers
Launched ok, pid = 4872
bash-2.05#
bash-2.05#
bash-2.05# ps -eaf |grep 4872
bash-2.05#
bash-2.05# kfmclient openURL http://www.google.com
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers(
application/octet-stream,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): Returning 0 offers
bash-2.05# Launched ok, pid = 5225

bash-2.05# ps -eaf |grep 5225
bash-2.05#