Tray icon for active connection

Sohail Somani sohail at sohailsomani.com
Sun Sep 28 04:09:15 BST 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 17:16, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Jim Bailey wrote:
> > I would like to have an icon for an active connection to the net, in
> > the right side of the bottom-of-the-screen tray.  How do I set one?
>
> Specifically for KPPP, in the setup widget under the: "Misc." tab, check:
> "Dock into panel on connect".
>
> This isn't exactly correct, it docks into the System Tray.
>
> You can not choose the location for the icon.  It will be placed on the
> right end of the system tray.  The default location for the system tray is
> in the right half of the panel at the bottom of the screen, but you can
> move it.
>
> --
> JRT

Hey yeah is there something like a network monitor to monitor activity
on incoming and outgoing ethernet packets? i am trying to disguise it,
but I am of course talking about the kde equivalent of M$'s system tray
network monitor ;-)

--
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
        Isaac Asmiov (1920 - 1992), Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

"The best way to secure America is to get the enemy before they get us"
	Bush Jr