Tray icon for active connection

Andrew Wendt awendt at putergeek.com
Sun Sep 28 04:52:55 BST 2003

On Saturday 27 September 2003 23:09, Sohail Somani wrote:
> Hey yeah is there something like a network monitor to monitor activity
> on incoming and outgoing ethernet packets? i am trying to disguise it,
> but I am of course talking about the kde equivalent of M$'s system tray
> network monitor ;-)

The Ksysguard applet will do this... I have a CPU meter and network meter
running on the panel. Right-click on the panel, then choose "add", then
"applet" then "Ksysguard".

If you then right-click on the handle, you can choose how many meters you
would like.

Then I guess you can start the real Ksysguard (the app, not the applet), and
drag "sensors" from the sensor browser down to the meters of panel applet.
It's kind of a weird way to set it up. There is probably a better way, and I
just don't know it. :-)

You can drag multiple sensors to a single box, so that you can have, for
example, incoming and outgoing network usage shown on one graph, in different
colours.