konsole "default" font

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Sep 27 22:10:04 BST 2003

Nick LeRoy wrote:
> All...
>
> I'm not sure if this is Linux / SuSE 8.2 specific or not, but I'll try here
> first.  I've also posted to the SuSE list, but so far haven't found any magic
> bullets.

This should apply to any KDE running on X.

> How does "konsole" get it's settings for "normal", "tiny", etc.?

It is hard wired into the code.  It uses the font: "Fixed[Misc} and they
appear to have needed one more size which comes with KDE which is in:
"$KDEDIR/share/fonts/": "9x15.pcf.gz"

> How can I
> change them (the whole family, that is)?

I don't think that this is possible without changing the source code.

> Somehow, my upgrade to 3.1.4 seems
> to have changed my default konsole font to some awful-ugly font,

Now that is a different question.  You probably don't have FontConfig
configured correctly and it isn't finding the fonts and QT has made a
substitution.

--
JRT