Special character composition

Richard rholt at telcel.net.ve
Thu Sep 25 02:37:16 BST 2003

el Wed September 24 2003 7:59 pm, Georges Giralt escribió:
> Hi !
> I'm looking at the way to compose special characters in Kde (like,
> for example, the Spanish inverted exclamation mark) and have this
> mechanism work for Kde applications (kmail for example) or non kde
> application like Mozilla, or Open Office.
> How could I do that ? and how do I turn a key into "compose" ?
> Thanks in advance for your help :-)
> Platform RedHat 7.3 and Kde 3.0, Mozilla 1.4, etc...

I use the US International Keyboard with dead keys.
áéíóúñ, etc.
You touch the ' key and then the a to get á.
If you want just an apostrophe, press ' key and then space.
I guess that's why they're called dead keys.

For the ñ, press the ~ key and then the n key.

Now, the inverted ! works in OpenOffice.org but not in Kmail 1.5 for
some reason.  Probably sometime is not configured correctly?

HTHs,
Richard.