vanilla Red Hat 8.0, kde 3.0.3, mozilla 1.5, Sun JDK 1.4.2, www.datek.com java streamer applet fails

Ken Wolcott ken.wolcott at med.ge.com
Wed Nov 19 23:51:23 GMT 2003

Hi James;

  The problem is that www.datek.com states that they only support windoze
platforms :-(

"...Streamer minimum browser requirements: Netscape Navigator® 4.7 - 4.79,
Microsoft® 4.0 - 6.0 and a minimum operating system of Microsoft® Windows 95
or higher..."  Well, Linux is higher than Windoze 95 :-)

  I tried konqueror (the version that comes with Red Hat 8.0) and nothing from
the streamer will come up, with mozilla at least it will do something for a
short while...galeon doesn't work either...

  Yes, I'm considering running InterNOT Exploder under wine...really wish we
could work without ANY MICROSLOP products (**sigh**)

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott