vanilla Red Hat 8.0, kde 3.0.3, mozilla 1.5, Sun JDK 1.4.2, www.datek.com java streamer applet fails

dcw dwoody1 at airmail.net
Thu Nov 20 00:34:57 GMT 2003

I have Mandrake 9.1 and also had problems with streamer.

I have been using a perl script as a streamer replacement and it works
great. You can download it from CPAN web site at:

http://search.cpan.org/~jeri/Finance-Streamer-1.10/lib/Finance/Streamer.pm

It is called Finance-Streamer. If you try it and it works I have
modified the example program so that it displays data across the screen
instead of down the screen. You have to get your password for the
Streamer by looking at the source of the running streamer. The password
is not the same as the one you use when loging into datek.

If you have questions or need help, email me.

David