X terminals, KDE and sound

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Nov 19 06:58:08 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 15:12, Basil Fowler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may not be on-list, but if so perhaps someone could point me in
> the right direction.
>
> I have successfully set up an X terminal that enbles me to run KDE on
> computer A while sitting at the console of computer B.
>
> The problem:  if the program run on computer A produces a sound, the
> sound comes out of the speakers attached to computer A, when I want it
> to come out of the speakers connected to computer B.
>
> As far as I understand, the X server on computer B does not handle
> sound signals.  Can ARTS be set up so as to send the sound to the right
> computer?

This is a link to the arts handbook:
http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-mcop-doc/artsbuilder/faq-network.html

I think there is also a thread about arts network transparency either here
or on kde-linux.
Not sure if it is easy to find in the list archives.

cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/