X terminals, KDE and sound

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 14:12:49 GMT 2003

Hi,

This may not be on-list, but if so perhaps someone could point me in the right
direction.

I have successfully set up an X terminal that enbles me to run KDE on computer
A while sitting at the console of computer B.

The problem:  if the program run on computer A produces a sound, the sound
comes out of the speakers attached to computer A, when I want it to come out
of the speakers connected to computer B.

As far as I understand, the X server on computer B does not handle sound
signals.  Can ARTS be set up so as to send the sound to the right computer?

Basil