kmultimedia

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Nov 16 21:46:37 GMT 2003

Thomas Kaeding wrote:
> Does anyone know how to compile kdemultimedia-3.1.4?
> I've tried it on two different systems, with different compilers
> and different kernels, but I get errors like this:
>
> httpInputStream.cpp:268: `__swab16' undeclared (first use this function)
> /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h:38: syntax error before "__u64"
> artstestgui.cpp:98: syntax error before `>' token
>
> Which and where errors occur differs from one system to the other.
> Does kdemultimedia-3.1.4 require a specific kernel and compiler?
> If so, that sucks.
>
> Please reply to me at kaeding at kaeding.homelinux.org, since I'm not
> subscribed to any lists.  Thank you.

The problem is the Linux header vs. ANSI C compatibility.

BLFS posted this suggestion:

sed -i -e 's/strings -ansi/strings/' kaudiocreator/Makefile
sed -i -e 's/strings -ansi/strings/' kioslave/audiocd/Makefile			sed -i -e
's/-ansi//' kscd/libwm/Makefile

to be used after you run 'configure'

It didn't work for me.  Perhaps there are other 'Makefile' files that need:
"-ansi" removed.

I added this option for 'configure' and it worked:

	--disable-warnings

--
JRT