konsole vt100 ansi application keypad?

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 13 12:53:25 GMT 2003

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Roderick Johnstone wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can konsole generate escape sequences from the keypad to emulate a
>> vt100 terminal in ansi application mode? I need eg keypad 0 to send an
>> <esc>Op to my application.
>

> Yes, IIUC Konsole will do VT100 emulation.
>
> You will need to define a new Konsole type (you probably didn't know
> that they existed :-)).  So, it will be easier if you first add the
> special button: "Terminal Session".
>
> Then to make a new: "Session" choose:
>
>     Settings => Configure Konsole
>
> Then under the: "Session" tab you can make a new session and choose:
> "vt100" as the: "Keytab".
>
> I don't know for sure if this will work.

Yes, I tried this, but it doesnt seem to do the keypad correctly.

At the end of the file /usr/share/apps/konsole/vt100.keytab
there is a comment thats not very clear:

# keypad characters as offered by Qt
# cannot be recognized as such.

I wonder what that means, in detail?

> If not, you can use Xterm and RTFM on how to set it up.

The keypad from xterm works fine after a little xmodmaping. I would
prefer to use konsole, but I couldnt get it to work with or without the
xmodmapping. It would be good to know it actually had the functionality
I'm looking for.

Thanks for your input.

Roderick