Kmail - 'stop' and 'resume' downloading?

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Sat Nov 8 04:47:39 GMT 2003

I'm running Kmail 1.3.2, over a dial-up line that sometimes is a bit flaky -
it seems to stall on occasion.

Once 'Check Mail' has been started, is there any way to tell Kmail to stop?
And, if I've had to drop the line and re-establish connection with wvdial or
kppp, is there any way to tell Kmail to 'resume'?   (Hitting 'check mail'
again seems to produce no reaction).

As it is, it appears the only way I can achieve this is to close Kmail, exit
from X, re-start X, and re-start Kmail.

cr