kicker

Andrew Wendt awendt at putergeek.com
Tue May 27 19:01:54 BST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 13:44, Daniel wrote:
> > Try deleting the file ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc, or if
> > you don't have that
> > one try ~/.kde3/share/config/kickerrc
>
> I've tried to locate the said above file and could not see
> it anywhere.
>
> Does the command ~/ means I should look somewhere else than
> in the HOME directory?

~/ means that the path is relative to your home directory. But the dot at the
start of .kde or .kde3 means that the file is hidden, so it won't show up in
a normal Konqueror window or with 'ls -l'.

If you're using Konq, you can select "Show Hidden Files" from the View menu,
and if you're at a command prompt you can use 'ls -la' instead of 'ls -l'.

You could also just type ~/.kde/share/config/ into Konqueror's address bar and
hit enter.

TTFN
Andy