kicker

Daniel daniel__gauthier at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 18:44:50 BST 2003

Hello all (again):

                  -------------- snip -----------

> Try deleting the file ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc, or if
> you don't have that
> one try ~/.kde3/share/config/kickerrc

I've tried to locate the said above file and could not see
it anywhere.

Does the command ~/ means I should look somewhere else than
in the HOME directory?

Perhaps my understanding of Linux is not steep enough.
Would you mind to suggest me either another mail-list help
subscription so that I start my learning of Linux at a more
basic level.

              --------------- snip ------------

> Tyr to restart kicker manually.
> Alt-F2 should bring up a dialog with an input field
> Type kicker and hit ENTER
>
> It this doesn't work, you might try to move the .kde
> directory in the
> users home directory while you are not logged in with the
> respective
> user.

Kicker doesn't "kick".

I went to the Control Center (kcontrol) and selected all
the settings in "Arrangement" and "Hiding" that I felt
appropriate.  I then re-booted several times with different
options and I was unsucessful ;-(

I really think that I I can be guided to "find" the said
.kde directory, I could probably get the Panel to be
re-activated if I delete the
.kde/share/config/config/kickerrc file.

But I need to know where it is located in the root or user
directory to acheive this.

Your help will be most appreciated.

signed:  I'm_not_giving_up

Daniel.