Editing the K Menu

Mike Jones unixman at mjones.ws
Tue May 27 19:01:35 BST 2003

Hello,

I am using KDE 3 with a red hat 9 installation.  At some point recently,
I can't say when, the option to edit the K menu from the configure panel
dialog has stopped working.

When I select the "edit k menu" button, my hard drives go into motion
and my system effectivly locks up.  Nothing happens, the clock does not
even update.  I can leave it this way for hours and still the drives are
active, but nothing.  The ONLY way out of this is the reset button.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any ideas for a resolution would be
greatly appreciated.

Mike Jones