Am I wasting my time with Red Hat?

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 08:15:46 GMT 2003

> Thank you all for your replies; I shall do a little research and
> switch to a new distro. At some point I'll no doubt want to learn how
> to compile KDE for myself, but would rather concentrate for now on
> learning C++, QT, KDE, OPENGL ..

As you appear to be in the UK, SuSE would be a good choice. It's the leading
European distro, and takes KDE very seriously. Waldo Bastian is a SuSE
employee, for example.

While I wouldn't want to start a my-distro-is-better-than-yours flamewar, I
rarely miss a chance to plug SuSE. :o)

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,