Can I run a second KDE seession, as different user?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sun Mar 16 00:17:32 GMT 2003

In fact, I did get it to work finally, I just have no idea how exactly
:-/

I know that for the floppy and cdroms I made changes to /etc/fstab (were
using the "owner" option which I changed to "users"). I also changed the
ownership of the mount command from root.root to root.disk which is
something that I read somewhere.

This at least solved the problems I had with the disks, but I can't
remember what I've done to make the sound card work. I do know that the
changes you and others suggested were necessary at least.

One thing that could have made a difference is the fact that I'm now
using the "New Session" system that was discussed on this list some days
ago instead of just always starting several X sessions on startup.

Anyway, I'm glad everything works now :-)

Thanks,
 -Tako