Linking against native QT (no X11??)

John Davidorff Pell johnpell at mac.com
Wed Jun 18 05:39:14 BST 2003

Hi all,
I'm wondering if it is possible to link some/any of KDE against a
native (non X-Windows) version of QT? I'm on a Mac and I'm curious if
KDE will build against QT/Mac or QT/Windows. Is it possible? I guess
what I want to know is how much non-QT magic KDE uses. Is it written
entirely using the QT toolkit? Are most of the KDE components made
using only QT? What libraries link against X11 directly, not just
because of QT/x11 dependancy?

Obviously I won't get much functionality out of this if I do it (if its
possible) but I'm wanting to more closely integrate my rootless X11
with MacOSX/aqua and I'm exploring all the possibilities. (all the
not-so-crazy ones have been explored already) And info would be most
appreciated!

Thanx in advance,
JP

--
God is dead, now the war shall never end.