kde fonts

Pere Constans constans at ruf.rice.edu
Tue Jul 8 19:47:02 BST 2003

Thanks Hartwig. I didn't try before upgrading to 3.1.2. I tried on my first
system install, the one that included ms-tt, from suse-YOU, which also was
the one that many fonts, eg adobe helvetica, were missing after that.

In this install, this application worked fine. This is a precompiled
application that includes its own qt libs as well as it own libfreetype.

Konqueror font dialog shows ~30 fonts and none empty. The symptoms with this
application are, no font any at all, and very, very long 'empty' lines where
font should be, eg menu. No strange symbols. This happen also to another
application that I compiled using my own qt/icc lib -a local one. I worked
fine after first install  + my-files restore. I needed to reconfigure and
compile this lib and the app to make it work in this, my second install,
however.

My guess, it seems there are some kind of fonts or rendering styles missing
(truetype?).

BTW if I understand, this person in the seems that 'arranged' the antialiasing
by commenting some lines in a file that I don't know which file was, though I
also have this same error:
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/kwintv,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID,
removing from list!

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/292/2003/4/50/10429160/

A Dimarts 08 Juliol 2003 04:404am, vàreu escriure: