Problems with kde-3.1rc5
eskandar at cae.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 12 17:36:33 GMT 2003
I have installed kde3.1 on my machine. My computer is running on linux
RedHat-8 with kde-3.0.3.
I am having several problems while selecting kde-3.1 as my desktop manager,
1) A noticable preformance depreciation when I am invoking applications such
as konqueror and kmail. When I click on this applications' icon, it take
much longer to launch them.
2) Konqueror and kmail often stall and stay idle for a long time so that I
have to kill those and launch them again.
3) kppp frequently disconnect or does not make connection at first place.
The error message is no :16, 19. pppd does not initialize (I wonder if this
is not related to kde?)
4) When I change to superuser (root) and try to launch applications such as
konqueror or kpackage. The applications just flash on screen and then exit.
it seems DCOPserver does not initiate for root while I login as a user.
I can run these applications if I log out and log in as root rather than an
5) When I attempt to download a program in konqueror and use right click->
save Target as. It takes for ever to open the directory box.
I appreciate any feedback regarding to my problems mentioned above.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
More information about the kde