lisa and browsing the network

gabriel the.angel.gabriel at rogers.com
Mon Feb 17 22:02:17 GMT 2003

i could be wrong about the purpose of lisa (someone please correct me if i'm
off here) but isn't it designed to let me browse the various networks used on
a lan?  'cause while i *think* i've set it up right, it doesn't seem to be
working right.

typing "lan://localhost" in the location bar renders a list of ips on the
network and clicking the litt [+] next to them gives me a list of the
services running on that box.  ie:

[-] 192.168.1.200
    + FISH
    + SMB
[-] 192.168.1.201
    + SMB

but clicking on either "FISH" or "SMB" only gives me an empty window... even
though i *know* that machine is sharing files over that protocol.
smb://192.168.1.201/sharename will bring up files, so what am i missing here?

--
"mr. ghandi, what do you think of western civilization?"
"i think it would be a good idea."