lisa and browsing the network

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Tue Feb 18 07:58:14 GMT 2003

Hi Gabriel,

[...]

> typing "lan://localhost" in the location bar renders a list of ips on the
> network and clicking the litt [+] next to them gives me a list of the
> services running on that box.  ie:

[...]

> but clicking on either "FISH" or "SMB" only gives me an empty window...
> even though i *know* that machine is sharing files over that protocol.
> smb://192.168.1.201/sharename will bring up files, so what am i missing
> here?

I've used the following 'fix' from one of the bug reports. Add the following
lines to ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals or wherever this file is located on
your KDE installation.

[KDE URL Restrictions]
rule_1=redirect,rlan,,,,,,true
rule_count=1

Restart KDE and the problem should be fixed. :))

bye,

ewald