Severe trouble due to broken KDED daemon which does not run

Malte Gell malte_gell at web.de
Sun Feb 9 16:41:41 GMT 2003

I have to add something: I created a completely new user account and
started KDE and it worked there !

So kded seem to be okay, something with my user settings seem to confuse
KDE in such a way that it can't start kded.
When logging on with the other user account kded starts as it should.

$DISPLAY is set, I've tried to delete the XFree86 config files in my
home dir, but it didn't help.

If someone has a tip what setting might be wrong, this would be nice ! I
searched with Google but all the $DISPLAY and ~/.x* stuff didn't work,
so I guess it must have to do with some corrupt setting below my ~/.kde

Regards,
Malte