Extra command when mounting memory cards?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Tue Dec 30 09:50:08 GMT 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 01:25:30AM -0800, Dejan Cabrilo wrote:

> You can write a simple shell script. Just open a new blank ascii file, enter
> the commands you need to be executed (one in each line), finish with 'exit
> 0' (in the last line). chmod that file to 755. Then, create a 'Link to
> Application' on the desktop. Make it execute the shell script you have
> written, and make sure to check 'Run in terminal' option.
>
> It's an ugly workaround, but should do it. Let us know how it works.

Of course it "works". I pretty well know how to write a shell script.

The problem is that this differs from the user interface of
other devices, e.g. floppy or cdrom. And it does not show whether
the device is mounted or not (=change the icon).

Would be much better to extend the functionality of the desktop
to allow arbitrary commands to be run before/after
mounting/unmounting.

regards
Hadmut