Extra command when mounting memory cards?

Dejan Cabrilo dcabrilo at ku.edu
Tue Dec 30 09:25:30 GMT 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 13:11, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> I used to have a simple workaround: Just call sfdisk -l /dev/sdX
> twice, and everything is ok. Unfortunately, KDE does not allow to
> enter an additional command to be executed before mounting when
> adding a mountable device to the Desktop.
>
> Any idea how to solve the problem while still keeping the user
> interface simple?

You can write a simple shell script. Just open a new blank ascii file, enter
the commands you need to be executed (one in each line), finish with 'exit
0' (in the last line). chmod that file to 755. Then, create a 'Link to
Application' on the desktop. Make it execute the shell script you have
written, and make sure to check 'Run in terminal' option.

It's an ugly workaround, but should do it. Let us know how it works.

Dejan Cabrilo