KMail filter Q

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 21:32:13 BST 2003

On Tuesday 12 Aug 2003 8:36 pm, Brian Richardson wrote:
> On August 12, 2003 01:09 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Set each folder with an expire property. Right click the folder ->
> > Properties -> Expire.
> > Set Kmail folder settings to expire old messages on exit:
> > Done.
>
> Ahhh. So that is the best that can be done... I keep an archive of mailing
> list messages so that I can do a local search for known problems before
> hitting Google. Thanks for your input.

I keep an archive too, but instead of bunging up KMail, I use MHonArc - a
simple Perl script that can convert KMail (and most other *nix email) into
HTML pages. Much easier to search, easy to backup, automated lists sorted by
date and thread order, understandable filenames, ...
http://www.mhonarc.org/

Let KMail do what it's good at and let MHonArc take the strain.

> -- Brian

BTW. Could you put your public key on a keyserver please?

Message was signed with unknown key 0x1C8E52530A4C4C2B.
The validity of the signature cannot be verified.

--

Neil Williams