3.1 KWin crash after ~40 days - should I report this somewhere?

JW jw at centraltexasit.com
Thu Apr 24 06:18:42 BST 2003

Hello,

I'm running SuSE 8.1. Somewhere around month or so ago I upgraded to KDE 3.1
(SuSE rpms) and have been running a single session ever since (Sorry, I don't
know exactly how long it's been but my system uptime it 63 days, so it can't
be longer than that.

I only have 256 MB of RAM and I tend to opne a bunch of memory hog programs
and leave them running forver. I this case I had at least Mozilla with 4
windows and approx. 10 tabs or more per window, 4 OpenOffice Spreadsheets,
XMMS, Noatun, 4 or 5 Konqeror windows, kate with a dozen or so text files
open, KMail. Xmms was playing and KMail downloading messages when KWin
crashed. It's kind of a pain when that happens, ya know :-p I was able to
save and close every thing with ti's menus, but keyboard input wasn't working
(no ^q for example). I'm quite sure I was swaping heavily when it crashed;
don't know if it matters or not.

I don't see a core file laying around, and I didn't think to look for a
backtrace in the little "KWin has crashed" dialog box.

Is there anything else I should do about it beside post it here?

Thanks,

	JW