Two desktops running at once

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 13:07:37 BST 2003

Quite some time ago I tried running two KDE desktops on the same machine at
the same time in different X sessions. The result wasn't pretty. Lots of
clashes in the configuration files, corruptions and unhappiness which took
some time to sort out.

I'm in no rush to try that again, but now have a use for such trickery. Does
anyone do it? If so, what needs to happen to ensure the two KDEs work
correctly?

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,