Two desktops running at once

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 13:23:42 BST 2003

It can be done quite easily if is done by two separate users.  Eash user fires
up a KDE desktop.   To switch use cntl-alt F7 or F8 as appropriate.

If each desktop requires access to the same data files, put the latter in a
separate group containing the two users, and change the permission of the top
directory to 2775, and change group ownership of the files to the name of the
group.

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler