need assistance reconfiguring new build of KDE

Dan Shakhmundes slovo at organizedhardcore.org
Wed Apr 16 17:20:36 BST 2003

Thanks Christian and all who have been observing this thread, in an attempt
to help me.

I was abou tto emerge individual packages when I figured I should probably
update Qt to the newest ver (especially with the recent posts).  Though I
now I have another rediculous problem, which actually surfaced earlier, but
now I must ask about it and try to solve it...  I can't compile libpng!

root at wounded slovo # emerge -u qt
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 3) media-libs/libpng-1.2.5-r4 to /
>>> md5 ;-) libpng-1.2.5.tar.bz2
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking libpng-1.2.5.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/libpng-1.2.5-r4/work
 * Applying libpng-1.2.5-gentoo.diff...
[ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -funroll-loops     -c -o png.o
png.c
make: I/usr/include: Command not found
make: [png.o] Error 127 (ignored)
I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -funroll-loops     -c -o pngset.o
pngset.c
make: I/usr/include: Command not found
make: [pngset.o] Error 127 (ignored)
I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -funroll-loops     -c -o pngget.o
pngget.c
make: I/usr/include: Command not found
make: [pngget.o] Error 127 (ignored)
I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -funroll-loops     -c -o
pngrutil.o pngrutil.c
make: I/usr/include: Command not found
make: [pngrutil.o] Error 127 (ignored)
I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -funroll-loops     -c -o
pngtrans.o pngtrans.c

It goes on 'ignoring' for many files.  Has anyone seen this before?  looks
like something is wrong in the configure script or soemthing.  This has
botched several update attempts related to KDE.

Thanks again for all your help.  Maybe with all this newfound knowledge and
interest, I will put some time into KDE devel myself.

Dan