Slack 9, KDE, and Xinerama

Faiyaz Ahmed faiyaz at poboxes.com
Tue Apr 1 12:11:42 BST 2003

Hi,
I have just upgraded to slackware-current (which i believe is slackware 9) and
have noticed quite a few changes. The kde packages in slackware are now
Xinerama aware; the kicker panel can now be docked to a single monitor. This
is an option i DONT want. I want it to go back to spanning multiple monitors.
I poked around in the kicker panel options and saw options for panel
placement and which monitor to dock to, but nothing about spanning. I also
went as far as to doctor my config files in my home directory and removed all
mentions of Xinerama. This had no affect. Also, kdm only appears in one
monitor instead of across both; this too is something i dont want. How do I
make KDE stupid to my multi-head setup. I want to go back to the way it was
where everything was spanned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Faiyaz

PS. Xinerama isnt even loaded. Im using a gforce4 with the nvidia drivers
which support true multihead displays all done in hardware.