Konsole and the Korn Shell Help

Weston M. Price wmprice at direcway.com
Thu Sep 19 18:34:07 BST 2002

Hello,
	I use the Korn shell (ksh93) as my primary shell. I my .profile file I have
the following variable declaration

VISUAL=${whence emacs)
export VISUAL

This allows for emacs editing mode without having to explicitly set it every
time I need a new terminal. This works fine on a terminal login, but when I
use Konsole this variable is not being set properly, in fact, the variable
doesn't seem to be recognized by Konsole at all. Does anyone have any
suggestions about what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Weston