KPager questions

Lee J. Moore leej at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 28 23:05:35 GMT 2002

I want to run kpager in the bottom left of my screen without any
window decoration.  The geometry switch doesn't work, not even
if I use kstart, so I have to save the window settings and then
launch it using:

	kstart --type Override kpager

If I do this from the command line it works *great*.  See here
for the desired (obtained) result:

	http://www.leej.dsl.pipex.com/kde1.png

However, if I put this in a script and drop a symbolic link in
~/.kde3/Autostart, it occasionally (2 times out of 3) messes up.

1) A kicker entry ends up on the taskbar making kicker minimizable
(undesired) and only available on desktop 1.
2) kpager starts with window decoration.  But I used the --type
Override switch!!

See here for the nasty result:

	http://www.leej.dsl.pipex.com/kde2.png

Does anybody have a clue why this is happening?

--
Lee J. Moore
http://www.leej.dsl.pipex.com