Menu missing

Robert Kratky kratky at rob.cz
Fri Oct 25 13:01:28 BST 2002

hi,
provided you decide to come to good terms with kde again, you might
consider following:

- where did you move it? it should be visible even if not in the
'proper' place.
- then you moved it back and after saving your changes you weren't able
to see it...?

doesn't seem like 'it' disappeared -- especially if you were using the
menu editor. looks to me like you accidentally deleted it. however, even
if it did disappear, kcontrol still should be working...

the preferences submenu is like any other - it contains shortcuts to
stuff that is to be run. in this case it's the kcmshell command followed
by an action like: 'kcmshell nic' shows info about installed nic's, etc.

robert