fooling psyche

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 09:58:29 BST 2002

Hi,

Run from the command line (as root - because the missing files have to go into
root-writeable directories) the following commands:

Mount the cd or other source with the KDE packages and cd to it.
Establish the full name of the kde admin package with the command
'ls kdeadmin*'

This will give you an output like kdeadmin3-3.0-1-i386.rpm

run the command
'rpm -Uvh --test --replacepkgs kdeadmin3-3.0-1-i386.rpm'

This will run the command but not really replace any files.  This will show up
any problems.  If none occur, rerun the command omitting '--test'

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler