Evolution -- Why paint me into a box????

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Tue Nov 26 21:21:18 GMT 2002

Michael Dengler said:
> Hi,
>
> I am very impressed with Ximian Evolution and use it in KDE. I am
> wondering though, is there any way to change the options for opening
> file attachments? When I get, say, a .xls (MS Excel) file as an
> attachment, Evolution displays an "arrow" icon that allows me to save
> the file to disk OR to open the attachment with "gnumeric". Can I add
> applications to this option? (ie. I would like to open the file with
> KSpread instead) or am I locked into gnumeric forever?

You need to change the file associations in the GNOME Control Center.
gnomecc is the command. Dig in there. Sorry; been a long time since I
played with it.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348