Evolution -- Why paint me into a box????

Philippe Hemmel phemmel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 26 18:17:23 GMT 2002

Hello

I'm using Evolution and KDE too (with Mandrake 9.0), and I change that
for some attachments.

Evolution is a Gnome application, and I change directly some files (of
the gnome configuration I think) :

/usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.keys : it describes mime-types and their
associated applications. You need to put your prefered application in
the first place of the list for each "wrong" mime-type.

Maybe it could be also necessary to change a file like
/usr/share/mime-info/"application".keys (with its mime-type associated).

And check that each application you mention exist in a ".applications"
file in the /usr/share/application-registry directory. Often the file
name is "application".applications.

I hope this will help you. Tell me if not.

Regards

Philippe