Evolution -- Why paint me into a box????

Philippe Hemmel phemmel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 27 08:43:23 GMT 2002

Le mar 26/11/2002 à 21:21, Michael Leone a écrit :
> Michael Dengler said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am very impressed with Ximian Evolution and use it in KDE. I am
> > wondering though, is there any way to change the options for opening
> > file attachments? When I get, say, a .xls (MS Excel) file as an
> > attachment, Evolution displays an "arrow" icon that allows me to save
> > the file to disk OR to open the attachment with "gnumeric". Can I add
> > applications to this option? (ie. I would like to open the file with
> > KSpread instead) or am I locked into gnumeric forever?
>
> You need to change the file associations in the GNOME Control Center.
> gnomecc is the command. Dig in there. Sorry; been a long time since I
> played with it.

This method is more convenient than changing directly the configuration
files, but it will only change the user configuration (in
$HOME/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys).

I don't know how to use the Gnome control center to modify the global
configuration files (in /usr/share/mime-info), in order that all the
users can benefit by the changes.

Does anybody know ?

Philippe